Sunday, December 23, 2012

What Does John Barrowman’s New ABC Pilot Mean For Torchwood’s Future? | Giant Freakin Robot





I love love love Torchwood. The original BBC series was the best version but I liked the STARZ! take over very much. So, will Torchwood return, in some form, somewhere, in 2013? News is ... sketchy. John Barrowman, aka Torchwood's Captain Jack Harkness, has a pilot for ABC:What Does John Barrowman’s New ABC Pilot Mean For Torchwood’s Future? | Giant Freakin Robot. I can't imagine Barrowman as anything other than Captain Jack, but then, I realize. I am an adult, and this is all just TV. (Yet, I also just know there is a FRINGE division somewhere I can join, or an X-Files department, or the Talamasca. I just know it. . . )


The ABC series sounds interesting and yes, I'd give it a try. This leaves room for a new Torchwood, possibly. A friend of mine who loves Torchwood thinks the series is doomed since it went to STARZ! because of the open pan-sexuality of the characters. I disagree; people know what the show is about, and if that sexuality offends you, you don't know Jack. Heh.

No comments: