Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Candy and Jellyfish Sky


A very active, involved, epic dream adventure last night; here's one "episode" about UFOs:

I'm outside, daylight, with a group of about a dozen people. I'm in the neighborhood where I grew up in Los Angeles, a few residential streets away from my house. However, I'm "me" now, an adult, with my husband here, not a child. I look up in the sky, which is full of huge white puffy clouds, just lovely, though the clouds seem kind of low. We can almost reach out and touch them.

Then I see several huge jellyfish in the sky swarming right above us. This is so amazing, so beautiful! They're about the size of orcas, they're dancing and swirling and "swimming" in the sky/clouds. I get everyone's attention and we watch the jellyfish, then it dawns on us that "Hey, wait just a minute . . . jellyfish don't belong in the sky!" I, we, quickly understand that the jellyfish aren't "real" jellyfish but UFOs. I suddenly seem to be full of knowledge that the jellyfish appearance is "how they cloak themselves" I tell everyone. "They've been doing this for years," I say.

Someone asks, "Shouldn't we tell someone, like the police?" and I say that it wouldn't do any good, they already know all about it, and won't do anything.

After a little bit, the jellyfish begin to change. First one, then the other, they either disappear by just "blinking out," or they change form. From a breathtaking creature of nature, to a garish cartoony image of candy, the sky has now become a billboard of sorts, advertising candy with silly goofy images, like the blue M&M's doll, things like that.

"Oh," everyone laughs, relieved. "It's just an ad for candy!"

I can still see, faintly, a few jellyfish/UFOs in the sky, but they've gone dim and are in the background a bit. I tell everyone "No, you're wrong! That's what they want you to think! It's not real."

Someone says "Of course they're not real; it's a commercial for candy!"

Exasperated, I say "Not that! I mean, the jellyfish are real, it's the candy that isn't!"

"Why would the jellyfish pretend to be candy?" Someone asks me, suspiciously, as if I've somehow caused the whole thing. Worse, that I'm up to no good.

Somehow I know things I didn't realized I knew, as if the jellyfish are sending information to my head. "I mean, the government knows about the jellyfish, and they're using the candy to distract us from the jellyfish UFOs."

At that moment, dozens of brightly colored, over sized candy images drop from the sky onto the sidewalk. Dolls, figures, walking talking boxes, etc. of various candy types line up on the sidewalk right in front of us, hold hands, and start dancing and singing.

Everyone is delighted with this garish and silly display. "See!" someone turns to me, sneering. "It's just a cute candy ad; nothing weird about it."

Meanwhile, the jellyfish are still up there; faint, but there. I try once again to convince them they're not really seeing what they think they are, or, that they're not seeing at all, but I've been dismissed. (The only person who sees the truth is my husband, but he's shouted down as well whenever he tries to support what I'm saying.)

Later, I briefly wonder why, if the jellyfish don't want to be seen, are they appearing as jellyfish in the sky? Isn't that contrary to where jellyfish reside? Then again, this reversal of jellyfish habitat might be so that we do pay attention. After all, they're aware that they will be denied, so appearing as jellyfish or some other out of place object would be sure to get noticed.


Well, that's that!

No comments: