Saturday, August 29, 2009

Flying Saucer Hot Dog UFO



I've been cleaning out some rooms; setting up a studio space in Jim's studio, turning the other room into a study/library, etc. and came across some artwork I did more than twenty years ago. The image shown here was done around 1985 and it's titled "Flying Hot Dog from Space." I found several cartoons I did, many with UFO references (like a character I created; a dog named "Pongo", in one cartoon Pongo is barking at a UFO. It's titled "1954: Pongo Sees His First UFO." (Pongo sees his first UFO? And in 1954 -- the year I was born? My subconscious was positively screaming "UFO!" at me back then.)

I apologize for the crummy quality of the image. I tried to take images of the cartoons but they came out poorly, too dark and hard to read the text. I'll try again soon, hopefully they'll turn out well enough to post.

No comments: