Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I MISSED IT!

UFO OVER CHICAGO’S O’HARE AIRPORT

I don’t mean I missed the UFO over Chicago, of course I did, I’m in Oregon; wasn’t in any airport at the time.

I mean I missed the article my husband so thoughtfully put aside for me the other day. Yes, our local paper, the Eugene Register Guard, actually had an item in the paper on the UFO in Chicago. And just when I recently commented that the local papers, and it seems many papers, haven’t been printing UFO items in recent years. Not like they used to. (post September 11th?)

So my darling puts the paper on the ottoman so I’ll find it when I get home from work, say “oh, how nice of him!” read it with glee, cut it out, and put it in my files. But instead I walk in, see the paper left out, and put it in the recycling, which he puts out that night. Trash came and took it away the next morning.

Encouraging to know that the newspapers around here still print UFO stories.

This UFO sighting is interesting of course; as, as always, the really Very Silly Chronic Skeptic Nonsense going on over this on places like the JREF. To be expected, to be sure.

They're not sure what was hanging out for several minutes in the restricted airspace, but they are upset that no one in power has taken the matter seriously.

A United spokeswoman said there is no record of the UFO report. She said United officials do not recall discussion of any such incident.

"There's nothing in the duty manager log, which is used to report unusual incidents," said United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy. "I checked around. There's no record of anything."


Reminds me of the response, or, lack of response, during the Phoenix Lights event. (yet later the United employees were asked to draw pictures of what they saw, and not discuss it.)

And yes, one official had an explanation: it was a weather balloon.

No comments: