Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Shifting

I went to a psychic/healer recently, and I’m not going to talk much about that. It’s very personal -- very private and intimate. (I know, even for me, who spills her paranormal guts out all over the internet.) But I will say it was “real,” and deep, and important, and all that stuff. Believe me dahlings, they aren’t all Sylvia Browne’s. (Even Sylvia Browne wasn’t always Sylvia Browne; I think she had/has something true there, but got lost and tangled somewhere along her path.)

But the one thing I will share is that, while I was sitting there in the chair, eyes closed, and she was dancing and signing and sounding all around me, weaving the matrix around my head and third eye self, she said:
That terrifying thing that happened to you, I can't quite get to it, but all that work you’re doing trying to find out what happened, asking what happened, all that terrifying unknown thing, just let it go, you don’t need to know every terrifying thing that’s happened to you.

I had the distinct feeling she was referring to my UFO -missing -time- wtf -did- happen -anyway quest.

I have the greatest trust and respect for this person, and do not regret any of what I experienced that day. But I don’t know if I agree with her on this. It is interesting to consider her words; do I need to know? If I did know, then what? So what? Maybe she said that to remind me there are other things in the world I need to deal with. I don’t mean the day to day bigger picture things; believe me, I’m all too aware of those things. I mean those things that make up me, that I’ve been carrying all this time. Each of us has those things, that are no one’s business, or maybe only a rare one or few are allowed to know.

Or maybe it had nothing to do with this at all. It doesn’t matter; what matters is the question itself: does "it" matter?

I think it does, but possibly with a shift in attention and focus. A shift in intent. I’m not entirely sure what that means yet, but it seems like a good start.

2 comments:

Daniel Brenton said...

Regan --

I'm with you on this one. Right or wrong I agree completely -- we do need to know. I will concede that maybe there's a "right" time, meaning when the person is finally ready to deal with the emotional impact and what the events mean to them personally.

We have to walk in our own shoes.

(Ya know whut I mean, Vern?)

Daniel
The Odd Little Universe of Daniel Brenton

Regan Lee said...

Thank you Daniel. And it's neat you posted; I almost sent you this, because I had the feeling you would be able to "get" this.