Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday ORB


The week’s anomalous whatever . . .


Busy cleaning house and getting ready for the holiday, as I’m sure many of us are.

A few interesting projects in the works right now that I’m excited about. Over the next few months they’ll appear; in the meantime, I’m excited about them and looking forward to working on them with others.

Crowley and ‘The Gray’ Icon

Interesting items lately on Crowely and what we’ve come to know and love as “the grays.” Read Richelle Hawks’ article:Yabba Dabble Doo: How Aleister Crowley Introduced the Iconic Gray Alien, for something different on the “grays.”

However, there are those that disagree with this take; for example, Cabinet of Wonders with
The LAM hypothesis,
which is equally as interesting.

I don’t have an opinion on this either way, but I do find it fascinating. It’s an area I need to think about more before I can say more. Still, I think anyone interested in UFOs and entities, etc. needs to read these kinds of articles, just for the different ideas presented.

Preposterous Explanation
I have no idea what the “Florida Skunk ape” is; but one thing I can be confident in saying is: it isn’t a squirrel. I mean, really. Reminds me of Joe Nickell (chronic skeptic) and his owl theory to explain away Flatwoods. And Mothman. Oh, and the Kentucky Kelly Hopkinsville entities.

Speaking of Big Hairy Bipeds

Finished Peter Guttilla’s book Bigfoot Files, and loved it. If you’re interested in the ufo, high strangeness aspect of bigfoot, you need to add this book to your list.

Lots of good bigfoot blogs out there, including mine of course :) -- Frame 352:The Stranger Side of Sasquatch.

And I see Lisa Shiel, of Bigfoot Quest and author of Backyard Bigfoot, has another book coming out in the fall: Strange Michigan.

More Books

Since I’m finished with Bigfoot Files, I’m now ready to start Daniel Brenton’s Red Moon.

Ghosts and Aliens

A connection that’s fascinated me. Remember Jim Marrs’ Roswell Alien Ghost? Another area I’d like to explore more. I’ve often wondered if some entities that are ‘alien” whether from outer space or inter-dimensional, or terrestrial, like us, mimic ghost type characteristics. I think of my friend “Lola,” and her family, most of all who’ve had experiences with ghosts, Bigfoot, and UFOs. Something is going on there!

Part One: Phantasms Alien To Our Experience, from UFO Paradigm Probe, addresses this idea.



Vintage UFO

I was pleased and flattered to see Nick Redfern of UFO Mystic give me such a nice plug regarding my Vintage UFO blog. It’s a lot of fun. Check it out, and links, comments, info on “vintage ufo” stuff is always welcome.

My Other Blogs

Check out my other blogs: Women in Esoterica (maybe I should start a contest for a better name: name that blog! And offer a prize. Hmm...)

Binnall of America
My latest Trickster’s Realm column for Tim over at BOA is The Big Moment, about the Disclosure Movement and the “big news” that was to come on November 12th.

While over there on BoA, check out the other great material: Tina Sena’s articles, Lesley, Khyron, and the podcasts of course!

No comments: