Monday, December 17, 2007

UPDATE: Colin Bennett: One More Thing

UPDATE: I think I am an idiot.
In something I found while looking for references to this non-issue (sort of) I found this incredible item on Micheal Wolf.
from Bennett's Combat Diaries: Ufology and the Outsider
I recommend it. It’s all about Micheal Wolf and a real smack down, not the least of which is between Stanton Friedman and Colin Bennett. But in it, this is what Colin Bennett says about the supposed homosexuality of Wolf:
How dare he have the cheek to ask about Wolf’s homosexuality, . . .

And this:
...Turing’s almost insane preoccupation with homosexuality?

Does that sound like someone who’s homophobic?
And so ends this little episode. If I'm missing something, I'm sure there are those who'll let me know.

So I suspect Bennett’s just being his usual off the wall self, and it’s us who get on our high horses and think he’s being anti-homosexual. I think.



I might be an idiot. (Yes, I know dahlings, some of you might be rolling your eyes and saying “Might be?!

I posted yesterday here on the Orb about Colin Bennett, and sighed over his homophobic nature -- that is, if he’s homophobic. Alfred Lehmberg left a comment:
What's up with this, Regan? Link?

So I went back to Bennett’s Combat Diaries site, and found this from his introduction to the site:
As with the above pictures, there may be material on this site which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, unfair, nonsensical, homophobic, nationalistic, plain silly, and many more things which make life worthwhile, including lots of pictures of naked women.
(text in bold mine)

And a link and image on the left menu bar with this title:
Lambeth’s Pooftah Piggies. (Pooftah, for those who don’t know, is the British slang for gay, er, fag. You know.)

And I remember something about how awful the gay agenda is but couldn’t find it.

After taking a closer look, I realized that it’s -- as I mentioned in my OP -- possible I’m not getting it. If so, I’m an idiot. Bennett, being the over the top theatrical writer that he is, (god bless him) could be, indeed, all tongue in cheek and sarcastic. He’s not homophobic, the other guys are.

Or, he is.(It's occurred to me I can just ask him.)

Either way, (one hopes he isn’t) I certainly apologize if I’m misrepresented him. If I haven’t, sigh. As I pointed out in my OP, while that’s too bad if true, it doesn’t detract from his brilliant points regarding UFOlogy, Forteana, and pathological skepticism.

Cut and paste if link doesn't work:
http://www.combat-diaries.co.uk/diary30/diary30.htm

No comments: