Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Orb

Binnall of America
Richelle Hawks, in her Medusa's Ladder column for Binnall of America, has an article on ghostly images in photographs: Pretty Puzzling Pareidolia: The False Head Photograph.

Speaking of Binnall of America, my new Trickster's Realm column will be up sometime tomorrow.

And Lesley's Gray Matters column; Deblunkians, (I love that title!) compares the right wing with the uber-skeptic.

Tina Sena's article for her Esoterica column, Myth and Malarkey discusses Santa, mermaids, and her grandmother's wisdom.

Richard Thomas, in his column Room 101, writes about disclosure, and how it will never come (I'm with him) in UFO Disclosure with a Capital "D"



Skazski's Blog
"Skazski" being my mom, who is eighty years (almost eighty-one) and just started blogging with her blog "why? . . . thoughts of an angry old woman." Nothing paranormal (at least not yet, you never know) but hey, she's my mom, so I'm promoting her here. I think it's great she gets on and rants about what's on her mind. She also campaigned for Obama; not in the greatest health, but she felt she had to do something, so she volunteered down at the Barack Obama campaign headquarters in her town. Anyway, stop by and leave a comment if you can; she loves that.

The Psychic Side to the UFO Phenomena
My article on UFO Digest: A Little Experiment: Pendulums, Telepathy and Aliens has generated several responses from others who have had similar experiences. People who, often, don't discuss these experiences with others, -- even while they may talk about their UFO or even alien encounter -- they leave out the "weird" part, for all the usual reasons. I appreciate everyone who's e-mailed me and I welcome these stories, and thankful others are willing to share their psychic and other high strangeness experiences with me.

It's interesting what elicits response, what doesn't. Sometimes I'll write something and am surprised and a little disappointed there isn't any response because I thought it was interesting, naturally :), or I wouldn't have written it. Other times, I think I'm way out there and yet I get responses affirming these things. Other articles that have generated a lot of response are the ones I've written about Bigfoot and "beeping" sounds, Beeping Creatures) and overall high strangeness along psychic lines concerning Bigfoot, and, UFOs.

Like it or not, that should tell us that there's something there that's been there all along (if you go back into UFO history) and we should continue to explore this in our UFO research.




Wedge Shaped UFO
I posted this image here because we saw one like this years ago in Eugene, Oregon. It was still light out but evening; the thing seemed like it was about three miles away, and huge and bright. We were driving, in the hills, and saw the object at a slight angle, down in the valley over the city. We slowed down and looked at it for a few moments. It was moving and turning very slowly. . . very odd. (We were on our way to the same house (just half a mile or so away) that, years later, we saw the UFO I discuss in the above mentioned article.)

The Lady
I'm reading Heavenly Lights, The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO Phenomenon, by Joaquim Fernandes and Fina d'Armada. I posted something interesting about the interpretation of BVM apparitions on UFO-Mary.

More Magical Ladies
Danille Lee writes about her encounters with her guide in a beautiful piece: The Wisdom of Amaryss.

Bigfoot Threads on the JREF
The insanity continues on the James Randi Forum; several new threads about Bigfoot over there. I'm not going to list them or provide links; at last count there were something like thirty-seven or so, now there's more. But if you're interested just Google jref and take a look. For more on this you can visit my blog Frame 352: The Stranger Side of Sasquatch.



Woo TV: True Blood
I've gone all woo over on Snarly Skepticism. I've decided to "take back the woo!" I comment about True Blood, one of the many woo shows I've been enjoying this year. Tonight is the second to last episode of the season!

UFO Magazine Blog
Lots of meaty stuff over at The Green Room, UFO Magazine's blog. Including the "ditch digger" issue. Contributors are Bill and Nancy Birnes, Sean Castell, Gary A. David, Mike Good, Lesley, Micah A. Hanks, myself, Alfred Lehmberg, Siani, Jeremy Vaeni, and Farah Yurdozu.

Have a safe and healthy week!

No comments: