Thursday, February 10, 2011

Owls and Rh: Little Synchronicities

More owls: this morning, walked into work to see a staff member wearing an apron with an owl motif; bright cherry red owls popping out brightly on a background of white. Yesterday, Netflix delivered Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, with this blurb: 
"...captivating animated feature about Soren, a barn owl kidnapped from his peaceful forest home. His abductors bring him to an orphanage, where he must trains to become a soldier."
This is coincidental because in Jim's novel (sequels; multiple novels actually) he had just completed the section the night before where the main character reveals her time in an orphanage, where she was trained to be a soldier. (neither Jim or myself had any idea about the movie's plot, just that it looked like fun and artistically beautiful, as well as being about owls.)

On my blog alert, a post cited as recent on Luminosity caught my attention: RH Negatives. I'm Rh negative and always interested in items about that and esoteric aspects, including abductions. Clicking on the link that brought me to Luminosity, I find that the date for the post is March 14, 2010. March 14 is my birthday.

We're not done yet; as I was reading the post at Luminosity, I noticed on the menu on the right, under the "Popular posts" tab, the first item: "Owls, Aliens, and The Hale-Bopp Comet:Lilitu With Owls."

As I'm writing this, clue on Jeopardy that's on right now: an entire category devoted to owls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all this owl stuff is becoming contagious.

Mike Clelland! said...

Don't get me started on this owl thing.