Friday, February 3, 2012

Out Of Darkness: The Betrayal of Trust and Funding Alien Abduction Research

Excellent piece! Abductions have become the embarrassment of all, it seems, including those who say there's on the right side of things.

Out Of Darkness: The Betrayal of Trust and Funding Alien Abduction Research
So what is a person to do? Whom do they trust? None of these sites has anything substantive about abductions. I have tried to contact by email or personally talk to many different individuals within these organizations, only to be ignored or marginalized. I have heard jokes made at abductees’ expense, I have heard cruel and insensitive ridicule hurled at abductees. It cuts me like a hot knife when I hear these things. Especially from people I respect, who have done so much hard work and contributed so much to the field of ufology; people who have sacrificed so much of their own lives to the study of the field. Not everybody I hang out with in the UFO community knows I am an abductee. I know from experience it affects the way they treat you if they find out.

No comments: