Saturday, December 7, 2013

From Eyewear (the blog): THE GREAT COLIN WILSON HAS DIED

Sad to read that Colin Wilson died at age 81. Rest in peace Mr. Wilson. Colin Wilson was one of my early influences -- I was first exposed to him in my early teens. I still have several of his books on my shelves.  A great thinker, not afraid to go into areas often considered fringe, or where his mind took him, from fiction to crime to the occult to philosophy.

Here's a nice and personal excerpt from a blog post at Eyewear blog on Colin Wilson:
Eyewear (the blog): THE GREAT COLIN WILSON HAS DIED: As such, almost no British media, TV, radio, or papers, reported his death. It will be interesting to see if the nationals run mocking obituaries, or if some sort of decency will prevail. I wrote many years back at nthposition THE CASE FOR COLIN WILSON, and I stand by it. I corresponded with him by email, and sent him this link, which he appreciate, and he read my poetry with some enjoyment though he preferred older poets he told me. I was thrilled to hear from him, though we never met. His books meant a lot to me when I was a teenager. I was not alone: Groucho Marx was a huge fan.

No comments: