Thursday, January 30, 2014

American Horror: Clown Rumors

WARNING: SPOILER. IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE FINAL EPISODE OF AMERICAN HORROR'S COVEN READ ON AT YOUR RISK.

Source: Clowns are Evil 

Supposedly, rumors have been flying that either the 4th or 5th season of American Horror will involve a circus themed scenario. American Horror producers deny this. But that could be fantastic if it is true! Imagine how much fun they'd have doing the creepy clown factor. Knowing the perverse and sadistic path the show can take, I shudder to think if they would deal with animals in the circus at all, and if so... don't want to go there! I hate circuses and clowns so much that I don't know if I would watch it if that's they way they'd go. I'd give it a chance though.

American Horror is campy and creepy and ever so purposely so. I wanted so much to like the second season, Asylum. I mean, convents! Nuns! Psycho doctors! Madhouses! My favorite realms of irrational fears that lurk deep within. That's what happens when a Buddhist witch in the making Jewish gal attends Catholic School for eight years. But the second season was too over the top gratuitous sadistic, even for me, and I ended up not watching the whole season.

The first season of American Horror was great, and who knew, back then, that the cast would change and yet remain the same? (somewhat.)

Coven was my favorite, even though they killed off Misty, much to my dismay and shock. She didn't deserve that.  I truly thought she was going to be the next Supreme.

While a circus themed American Horror would be interesting and is full of possibilities, nothing can top the excellent HBO program Carnivale, which ran from 2003 to 2005. I was so disappointed that that show was cancelled!

It's possible the producers of American Horror are being coy in denying the circus rumors. We'll just have to wait and see.


No comments: