Thursday, December 24, 2015

Updated: Owl Synchronicity!




I reposted this on the Oregon L.O.W.F.I. page a few minutes ago, and, as I was posting, I remembered something while I was in the doctor's office -- after I asked her about the owl plush (see below) she added that the other day, the topic of owls came up the group she was with. Then, searching for something unrelated to owls, I found this  -- an interview I had done some time ago, except I don't remember this at all! (I apologize to the interviewer! I'll have to listen and see what jars loose.) Anyway, at the end of the blurb introducing the interview was this:
Next
mythic owl dream





Yesterday, posting on Facebook, social media in general and here about Mike Clelland's book The Messengers. An obvious aspect of the owls  within the context of the strange is that they appear when you start talking about them. So last night, while washing the dinner dishes, I was thinking about this, wondering if I'll experience any owl synchronicity in the aftermath of posting about Mike's book. (Humbled to say, I'm mentioned in the book.) Then I had a thought about playing with "them" -- the "be careful what you wish for"  adage.



(After writing this post, went back to upload images, as happened yesterday, is not working. The owls do not want to be seen today it seems.)

Today I open the paper, and find this item about the return of the "angry owl" in Salem:

Angry owl is back in Salem | Local | Eugene, Oregon: SALEM — The year is ending the way it began in Salem, with an aggressive owl going after people.

At least two attacks have been reported more than a mile north of a park where joggers were attacked in January, said Julie Curtis, spokeswoman for the Department of State Lands.
Owl caution signs are posted to warn visitors of possible owl attacks.



Later this morning, I was in my doctor's office. I noticed a stuffed owl toy on her bookshelf. I didn't think I had noticed it before, so I asked her if she had always had that owl there. She looked over there and said "Oh, that's not an owl, it's a pneumonia germ." There's a whole world out there of germ plushies. Ew. Anyway, it looked exactly like this; this is the one:

Pneumonia germ plushie, mistaken for owl toy
And lastly, here's a quote to muse upon:


“The owl,” he was saying, “is one of the most curious creatures. A bird that stays awake when the rest of the world sleeps. They can see in the dark. I find that so interesting, to be mired in reality when the rest of the world is dreaming. What does he see and what does he know that the rest of the world is missing?” ― M.J. RoseSeduction

1 comment:

Mike Clelland! said...

Right ON!

peace to you...

Merry Christmas,
Mike C!