Monday, January 9, 2023

Dreams, Synchronicity, Hoodoo

 Dreams and Synchronicity

Both my spouse and I were close friends with someone I'll call Joe.  A falling out, and hadn't had contact for a few years. This morning I told Jim: "I had a dream about 'Joe' last night." And Jim said: "That's odd, so did I."

Odd. We hadn't been talking about Joe, nothing would have triggered our dreaming minds. Well, something did obviously, but nothing conscious. 

So I look up Joe on Facebook, and see that he's now a grandfather. We were also close with his children, knowing them from when they were little, to adulthood. The grandchild's name is the same name -- an unusual name -- that Jim and I were going to name our child decades ago. (I miscarried.) Another weird little oddity.

_______________________________________________________________


Conjure

A new book arrived today. Hoodoo Sen Moise's Working Conjure: A Guide to Hoodoo Folk Magic.

Just barely into it and I am finding it very interesting.





No comments: