Thursday, May 2, 2024

Catalina Island, UFO/USO Hotspot



Watching an old episode of UFO Witness last night about the UFOs and USOs seen by many a witness on Catalina Island. (Catalina Island is roughly twenty miles west of southern California.) The episode featured Preston Dennett’s book Undersea UFO Base: An In-Depth Investigation of USOs in the Santa Catalina Channel.

I love Catalina Island and have many great memories of visiting there. We went there often, starting when I was a little kid. The place always seemed magical to me. Watching the program last night I wondered, for the first time, if anything UFO related happened to me or family members while on the island. I’ve known that Catalina was a UFO hotspot, but never once wondered if anything unexplained had happened to me there. Last night however I wondered.

I don’t have any memories of anything weird happening. I do remember being on the glass bottomed boats at night, out on the water, watching the “flying fish” as they leapt through the air, and the murky green water seen through the glass at the bottom of the boat. I remember drives around the island and seeing wild  buffalo in the hills at twilight.
 

I remember being so happy while playing in the water on the beach, and sleeping in the hotel room on the soft sheets and hearing the ocean as I drifted off to sleep.

A child’s memories of Catalina Island. A place I want to return to. Hell, I’d love to live there but of course, it is out of this world expensive. But a nice fantasy.

So, did anything UFO wise happen to me on my several visits? I highly doubt it. But magical and mysterious regardless.


No comments: