Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Visitors


Visitors acrylic on masonite 30"x30"

I did this painting about fifteen years ago. I was painting a lot more back then than I am now (sadly.) I wasn't thinking of anything in particular,just did it, but I remember how I was feeling then; very spacey, . . . a lot going on UFO wise in my life and in the lives of those around me. It seemed that at the time, a lot of our friends, and family, were seeing UFOs, having UFO related experiences. It was a very strong UFO-y time.

I looked at the finished painting, saw that the images had a strong Native American feeling, and immediately thought "Visitors," as literally, visitors from the sky.

For a long time I had it up in our kitchen, which was painted a terrific color: royal blue. With a deep terra cotta trim. Sounds weird, but it was great. The painting looked good on that wall. . .

No comments: