Saturday, March 7, 2015

Synchronicities: UFOs and Beanie Babies

Past couple of days, been experiencing synchroniciites:

Reading Dean Koontz's Odd Apocalypse. I enjoy this series about Odd Thomas, a character who sees dead people. I didn't know anything at all about the current book, just that it was another in the series. As I'm reading, out of nowhere the thought pops into my mind: "Wonder if Odd Thomas will ever encounter UFOs --  if Koontz will write about Odd and some kind of alien, UFO theme?" The passage I was reading had absolutely nothing at all to do with UFOs. Not a hint. About three pages later, the dialogue between Odd and another character turned to UFOs. One character was musing on alien abductions, etc. while (unfortunately, but keeping in character) Odd was not buying into it.



A co-worker came into work with a bag full of Beanie Babies. She said she used to collect them during the Beanie Baby craze was on --- but now, of course, it's pretty much a graveyard of Beanie Babies for collectors. She was giving some of them away to the students. Later that night, not knowing who the guest was on Coast to Coast or the subject matter, I turn on the radio. The first words I heard were "Beanie Babies." The guest was Zac Bissonnette, author of The Great Beanie Baby Bubble: Mass Delusion and the Dark Side of Cute.


No comments: