Sunday, July 15, 2018

Coast to Coast's George Noory Pushes Newsmax

New television program: Newsmax. Coast to Coast's George Noory pushed this program on his radio show. Newsmax is a conservative channel. A few of the various pundits demonstrate this right wing bias.  Conservative ex-congressman Joe Walsh, who aligns himself with the tea party and, according to Wikipedia, told Obama to "secure our borders with moats and alligators." Walsh had a career in broadcasting before joining Newsmax. Here's a bit of Walsh for you:

On July 7, 2016, the night of the 2016 shooting of Dallas police officers, Walsh wrote on Twitter, "This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out Black Lives Matter punks. Real America is coming after you." These comments were interpreted by some as threats.[79][80] After deleting the tweet (by his account it was deleted by Twitter), Walsh wrote later, "I wasn't calling for violence, against Obama or anyone. Obama's words and BLM's deeds have gotten cops killed. Time for us to defend our cops."[81] The next morning, Walsh stated in an interview with the Chicago Tribune that Twitter suspended his account and deleted the tweet itself: "The pre-condition for me reopening my account was they had to delete that tweet." He said, "Of course I didn't mean 'let's go kill Obama and Black Lives Matter.' I was not trying to incite violence against Obama and Black Lives Matter. That's crazy and stupid and wrong. It would end my career and it's wrong."[82]
On October 24, 2016, Walsh wrote on Twitter, "On November 8th, I'm voting for Trump. On November 9th, if Trump loses, I'm grabbing my musket. You in? (Wikipedia)
Alan Dershowitz is also a member of the Newsmax crew. I know, surreal, but he's been out there for awhile. Supporting Trump proves that.

Callista Gringrich, ex of Newt, is also a pundit.

African American Jesse Lee Peterson, Biil O;Reilly (!)

And on and on.

So what this have to do with UFOs?

I've written beofre about those holding right wing views -- particularly Trump supporters -- who are also involved in UFO research. (and by extension, other types of paranormal research.) Why does this matter? Should it matter?

It does matter. Our views are part of who we are; how we percieve things. If you're conservative, to the point you are so brain damaged you support Trump, how can you be trusted to not judge based on class, race, cultural affiliation, religion?

Joining the far right and being a UFO/paranormal researcher seems contradictory. The government covers up, but, we trust the government, don't we? Not only does the government cover up, but experiments upon its own citizens. Why support such a government?

To be fair, much of the left -- the majority, in my non-scientific experience -- seems to simply ROFL when it comes to UFOs and the supernatural. That's not good either.

I've mentioned before how, years ago, I spoke with Peter Davenport about a UFO sighting I had. He is very conservative, politically. So he scolds me for being hesitant to report it since I had a "duty as an American" (his words) to report such things. A duty to whom? My government, who denies, lies, hides and manipulates the UFO phenomena?

It seems insane, this, not patriotic feeling, but nationalistic behavior, in context of UFO study.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I noticed "libertarian" turned Trumpian Art Bell writing viciously about Obama, Clinton, Sanders,Warren etc. And he attacks Hispanic immigrants. Ironic considering he selected his email order bride from the PI.