Saturday, April 24, 2021

Mystery Tree Cutters, Mystery Trees. . .

 Who, or What, is Cutting Down Trees?


Recently on an episode of Coast to Coast, Tim Binnall reported on a strange happening in England. Someone, or something, has been cutting down trees. What makes this an odd story (as well as sad) is that there are no witnesses. No one in the area of these trees hears anything. No sound of chain saws, etc. The trees are there, and the next day, people wake up to find they’ve been cut. In the middle of the night, apparently, some entity, be it human or other, has been cutting down trees.


I was struck by the coincidence of this local story; here in Eugene, someone had cut down a tree in our very large park by the river.  Pure vandalism of course, but who, and why, remains a mystery.


_________________________________________________


Floated Out to the Fir Tree


My sister (I’ll call her Lola) called me to tell me she had listened to the Six Degrees of John Keel podcast, hosted by Barbara Fisher and Morganna. Sis told me she enjoyed the interview.


She also told me that when I was talking about being floated out the doors of our house and out the front door, Lola had the distinct thought: “I bet she’s going to say they put her in the tree.” And indeed, that is what I said. 


The night of the podcast, I had a dream where I was back at our childhood home, and I was telling Lola some of my experiences. And Lola was telling me about hers, things she had never told me. I don't remember what those things were, but I do remember being excited, and very surprised, that Lola, too, had had Very Weird Experiences.


In Waking Life however, Lola says nothing UFO wise happened to her. She doesn’t remember anything like that every happening; no sighings or floatings through doors.  However, she does remember crying at times, waiting for “them” to come and take her back to their planet, because she couldn’t survives here on earth  much longer.


I was sad to hear that, for many and probably obvious reasons. Our childhood wasn’t the greatest. Children sometimes think they might be adopted, or, hope that’s the case. They wonder “how did I get here, in this family?!” I remember, as a kid,  searching through my mother’s bedroom for proof I wasn’t her daughter.  So there’s that aspect of childhood. Could be childhood trauma responding to environment, or, more. 


Mrs. T, Her Tree, and Her Round Living Room


Our neighbor -- I’ll call her Mrs. T here -- planted the large fir tree with her husband when they were first married. When we moved into our house, Mrs. T had been a widow for some time. She was always very nice to us. Four loud, fighting, kids always losing their ball into her yard and she never got impatient with us. 






I remember going into Mrs. T’s yard -- she let us do that -- and sometimes standing on her front porch. But neither I or Lola remember ever being inside her home. Yet both Lola and I have had many dreams where we’re inside her house. Specifically, her living room, which was a strange shaped room -- round.  A round living room.


Why dream of round living rooms? Child sized non-human beings floating myself through doors? Waiting for "them" on beds, and inside giant trees. Lola said she doesn't have any sinister memories of the tree, just that is "mythic." That was the word she used. It was mythic; a neighborhood beacon. 


What part are dreams, what part real, do the two merge -- I believe they do, and that doesn't make events any less "real." 


No comments: