Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where Did It Go?

(And, what was it?)


Last week or so I wrote about a strange star or planet that I saw. I tried to determine what it was; possibly Jupiter... did some searching and all kinds of posts on forums, including Above Top Secret, of people seeing a similar looking object/star/planet in about the same place in the sky. I've gone out looking for it since then, but haven't seen it. I realize stars move and all kinds of things such as atmospheric conditions affect how or when you can see objects but it's unusual that it's just plain completely gone. Really, the thing was spectacular, and "dripping" tails, multi-colored.

1 comment:

carol said...

I saw what sounds like exactly the same thing here at the beginning of summer on two consecutive nights just before dusk.